VISITING THE HOTEL
Finding our way back to happiness...
We have created a little private paradise just for you. The Woolacombe Bay Hotel is open for hotel guests with bookings. Access to the hotel, grounds, and facilities is exclusive to hotel guests and we are currently only accepting dinner reservations from hotel guests.
Creating a home by the sea where you can be at your happiest has always been our passion. Wonderful open spaces, coastal air, 'Vitamin Sea' and gorgeous bedrooms await. Cleanliness, safety, and comfort have always been at the heart of how we do things, but it's usually something we focus on seamlessly behind the scenes. We have adjusted to new ways so that our care is more visible than ever at The Bay, while ensuring you have the time and space to be at your happiest.
As hoteliers, it is in our nature to want to say “yes” at all times. While we cannot guarantee that all our facilities will be available when you stay with us at the hotel, the following information provides up-to-date guidance on availability...
Deep in the heart of the hotel, NEO is a plush 30-seater retro-styled cinematic hideaway, designed for the movie-lovers out there. We’re showing a selection of blockbuster's and classic favourites this season.
Tickets can also be bought online, at NEO Bar and reception.
Quite possibly the best located tennis courts anywhere, so why not play a few sets? Use of the courts is complimentary for hotel residents, bookable on the day (please contact reception). Remember to pack your rackets!
Our empathetic approach has always been to keep your wellness and well-being front of mind. We have always held cleanliness and hygiene as sacred, but now more than ever, it's important that you can trust that we put your safety and that of our team above all else.
We have a lovely selection of spa experiences and treatments available to book:SPA MENU
Our indoor pool and Thermal Spa facilities are open exclusively to hotel guests. Take a quiet, relaxing dip or do some lengths to work off some holiday indulgence! To help with distancing measures, the pool has separate lanes for splashing and swimming.
To enjoy the soothing benefits of steam, sauna and hot-tubbing(!), step into the Termal Spa. These facilities are closed briefly each day from 2-3pm and social distancing applies.
Once again, our boutique gymnasia - SALT - is open. Here you'll find a carefully curated selection of scientifically proven equipment from both industry leaders and lesser-known trailblazers. Keiser, Versaclimber, and Technogym all feature.
Time on the gym floor is included in your stay and no booking is required. Sessions are available from dawn to dusk and can be booked online for hotel guests, you will receive a special discount code to book. Our SALT Squad is also available for Personal Training sessions.
Our expert therapists have filled some luxurious hampers with hand-picked treats meaning you can enjoy your very own self-care journey in the comfort of your hotel bedroom.
Each is designed to lead you through a self-care ritual... so why not take some time out, enjoy the stillness, and treat your skin and soul to a nurturing spa experience (maybe with a cup of tea, glass of something fizzy, and a slice of your favourite cake).
Please note: we are currently only accepting dining reservations from guests with hotel bookings, whilst we carefully manage our spaces and staffing levels
Breakfast is served in Doyle’s or hand-delivered to your bedroom (continental only)
If you book a stay which includes breakfast, you will receive booking information along with your email confirmation.
There are many great places to enjoy breakfast in Woolacombe; here are some of them.
The Bay Brasserie is serving delicious lunches, light bites, scrumptious sweet treats and more to be enjoyed next to Britain's Best Beach. Please note: During busy times we may limit bookings to hotel guests only.
Dine in Doyle's to take your tastebuds on a five-course culinary journey. Menus are designed to encapsulate the seasons, harnessing the goodness of our West Country surroundings. Supper Doyle's is served exclusively Thursday to Saturday, with booking required.
The Doyle's Experience: Freshly baked bread & ferments, three savoury courses, palate cleanser & dessert
We have created a little private paradise. Access to the hotel, grounds and facilities is exclusive to hotel guests. We are currently only accepting dinner reservations from hotel guests.
Please feel assured: your safety and our capability to provide outstanding service and hospitality is at the heart of every decision we make. With this in mind, we ask that you do not socialise in groups larger than 6 people whilst indoors and that social distancing is adhered to at all times.
Our WBH Family have opted to continue wearing masks. Over the last few months we have become comfortable wearing them and we recognise that many guests feel the same, so we will respect this. Additionally, many of the younger members of our WBH Team are yet to be fully vaccinated, so we need to be mindful of this. However, if you do not wish to wear a mask indoors, that's okay, too.
We recommend bringing your own bikes, skateboards, kites, and boots - we are surrounded by some amazing trails and tracks. Our online 'Guidebook' has adventures of all kinds for you to enjoy. That said, the greatest playground of all - Woolacombe Beach - is just a short stroll from your beachside home, and you may find that the natural joys of rock-pooling, swimming, stand-up paddleboarding, sand-castling, and foraging for shells occupy most of your time! Please note: our surf shack storage is no longer available.
When you book a stay, we will keep you updated about any changes to the availability of facilities. Worry not - if you need to reschedule your stay for COVID-related reasons, it is possible to transfer your deposit.
The Road to Recovery
Your guide to staying with us
To help ensure a completely reassuring experience, we have created our own bespoke Woolacombe Bay Hotel roadmap to help you to understand the new measures we are taking. We want you to have confidence in our high standards of cleanliness, service and hospitality whilst you are with us. From booking your stay with us, to leaving home, travelling to Woolacombe, and departure, this is your guide.
This roadmap is a checklist of sorts, for both you and us - so you know all about the steps we are taking. It's not exhaustive, but it's a very good place to start if you are planning a stay or have one booked.
- You will be contacted by email two days before your stay to ask you to complete an advance check in form, including your car registration details and expected time of arrival.
- We recommend that you find the best route possible for your journey to Woolacombe, one that allows you suitable comfort breaks with open spaces within a safe environment. Pack suitable soft drinks, water, food, hand sanitiser, wipes and disposable bags. Your room is guaranteed to be ready at 4pm.
- We are all getting used to wearing face masks in enclosed spaces; we ask that you pack your favourite re-usable face mask to be worn in public spaces such as corridors and lounges, and when moving around the hotel.
- A member of our friendly arrivals team will welcome you from the hotel gates (see + below). Your room is guaranteed to be ready at 4pm.
- Our hotel gates will be manned from 10am – 6pm each day and locked over night between 11pm – 6.30am. If you are due to arrive outside manned hours, please give us a call on 01271 870 388 on arrival and a member of our team will let you in.
- To allow appropriate social distancing, we ask that only one member of your party visits the reception desk to complete the check in process. We appreciate your patience and consideration - with your help we can ensure the reception area does not become overcrowded; we will get you checked in and ready to go as quickly as possible. Please wear your face mask when checking in and moving around any public spaces in the hotel.
- In your bedroom you will find a wristband for each your party; please ensure that these are worn throughout your stay in order to gain access through the hotel gates.
- Our reception team will be at the end of the phone to answer any questions you may have during your stay by dialling ‘0’ from your bedroom telephone.
+ Our gates will remain shut at this time, exclusively allowing access to guests staying in the hotel. This includes all of our lawns, lido and tennis courts. You will have your very own key for access to our exclusive beach pathway.
- Our housekeeping team have always worked tirelessly to ensure the hotel cleanliness is maintained to the exceptional standards our guests have come to expect, and we are acutely aware of the increased importance of this during these times
- To help protect both yourselves and our housekeepers, you room will be serviced daily whilst you are at breakfast, our dedicated team will also be on hand to provide fresh towels and toiletries as often as required
- Our outstanding standards of cleanliness are firmly in place, with enhanced measures along with hand sanitising stations throughout key points of the hotel
- Our lounges and walkways will have a dedicated team cleaning all push plates, handles, rails, tables, chairs at all times throughout your stay
Getting ready to leave...
- Our reception team will prepare your final bill on the morning of your departure, this will be delivered to your bedroom.
- If you have an queries regarding your bill, or would like to request help with your luggage, please dial ‘0’ to contact reception.
- We kindly ask that just one member of your party visits the reception area to pay your bill and drop off your key. Or, if you prefer, you are welcome to dial '0' and make a secure payment over the phone, before returning your key to reception.
Our lovely team are available to answer any questions you have by email: [email protected] or phone: 01271 870388.
Please feel assured: we are dedicated to ensuring you have the time and space to be at your happiest. Helping you find these moments is, and always will be, at the heart of what we do. By taking care and remaining alert, we can all enjoy unforgettable breaks by the coast.